Selangor & Federal Territory Malayalee Association
(SFTMA) / Persatuan Malayalee Selangor & Wilayah Persekutuan
Date Established: 18 November 1952
*HISTORY OF SFTMA*
Selangor & Federal Territory Malayalee Association (SFTMA) formerly known
as Kerala Samajam Selangor (KSS) was one of the earliest Malayalee
organizations to be registered on 18th November 1952 in Malaysia. Mr. P.N.
Pillai was the first President of this organisation.
The formation of KSS now known as Selangor & Federal Territory Malayalee
Association (SFTMA) was to cater to the social and cultural needs of
Malayalees in Selangor and the Federal Territory. Malayalees hailed from
the then States of Travancore, Cochin and Malabar in South India, now
called Kerala, with a language of their own called Malayalam. Malayalees
have their own traditions and culture and celebrate the festival called
Onam, irrespective of their social or religious differences.
*PRESIDENTS OF SFTMA*
*SFTMA’s AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:*
1. To promote the cultural, social, educational and economic
advancement of its members.
2. To provide encouragement and opportunities for the youth members to
mingle freely and thereby to foster goodwill and understanding among
3. To provide encouragement and opportunities for the youth members to
actively participate in youth activities organised and conducted from time
to time by the
Federal or State Government.
4. To encourage education by providing financial assistance to the
deserving members or their children.
5. To render all possible assistance to the needy and deserving
members and their dependents in particular and also the needy Malayalees in